Monday, January 30, 2012

Downtown Denver on a Sunday Afternoon

I still haven't fully realized that my move to Colorado is for real.  I'm still in that stage where I think of it as an extended vacation. Which I guess I don't have a problem with yet :) I had an awesome week of meeting new people.  On Tuesday I went to a Wild/Avalanche hockey game with some coworkers which was a blast.  I also was invited to one of my new coworkers' house on Wednesday for an American Idol-watching party with some of her friends!  So, after that I was content to be a bit of a loner this weekend.  I really thank God for that characteristic of being okay doing things by myself when needed. It makes moving to a new city much more bearable! That, as well as the "good sense of directions" I am lucky to have. Especially when my GPS decides not to be helpful. So, on Saturday I went to the Mammoth Lacrosse game at the Pepsi center.  Of course I would have MUCH rather gone with other people, but I was content.  Also, it meant that no one would judge me when I finished my whole bag of mini donuts before I even got back to my seat (true story).

Then on Sunday after church I headed downtown, camera in hand, and played tourist in my new city :)
It was eerily empty, but there was also something intriguing to me about walking around an empty downtown. Anyway, welcome to downtown Denver!

.








Robo Mike. He saw me taking pictures, so he posed for me :P

Some new friends

Downtown Denver has some amazing church buildings!!


5 comments:

  1. Where are the rest of your thoughts????? I got to the end of your pictures, waiting for MORE, and that was it!!! :-) Love, love, love reading your blog!!! Gives me something to look forward to! (How pathetic is that?)
    You're a cool kid, Kirsten!!!!! I hope my girls grow up to be just like you!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Denise :) :)

    I will work on a post that is more "thought-heavy" just for you!

    Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten I love your pictures!! Looks like sucha cool city! I am glad you are liking it there even thuogh you are on your own... that means alot!

    Have you checked out the mountians yet to ski or snowboard?!

    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meagan!
    I haven't gone skiing yet.... I'm more of a "go once a year and I'm good" type skier ha. But maybe next year I'll try to get more into it since I live here now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pics! But you weren't in any of them :(

    ReplyDelete