Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Being a College Graduate

Graduated!
Family picture
Eating at Olive Garden after the Graduation
-----------
I am now an alumni of Bethel University. Crazy. However, it has been so hectic since the graduation that it hasn't really sunk in yet. I think it will sink in when my roommates go back for one more semester, and I don't. I wrote a letter to myself when I was 18 and packing up for my first semester of college. I wrote on the envelope "Don't open until you've graduated from a 4-year college". I read it last night and I can tell I have learned and grown a lot since then. I asked myself in the letter if I stayed true to myself and if I remembered where I came from--and I can honestly say that yes I have. My perspectives on life are very different now...but I will always remember where I came from. I'm glad I never got caught up in the materialism that can happen at a higher-priced university. I'm glad I went to Bethel because it has helped me think globally. My major has opened my eyes to the world and its needs. Although I now have a degree saying I know something about sociocultural issues...I still feel like I have alot more to learn by actually DOING, and putting my knowledge into practice. But that will come with time. As of now, I have one life goal complete.
Next life goal: Get a job =).

1 comment:

  1. Many congratulations! Now go do things and change the world. :) You'll be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete