Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Whoopsies...

Well, today this happened.


I just BARELY...knicked the water pipe with a pallet today, and all of a sudden water started gushing at me.  Panic.  Jump off forklift.  Run.  MAX! DAVE!

I have never ran up stairs faster in my life.  And the whole time I was saying (well, not these words but something similar) SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT.

And on a normal day, I never swear. 

Burst through to the offices, no one.  Run to the kitchen.  MAX! "I.....just hit the water pipe with a pallet." "Serious?" "Yes." 

We both run back down the stairs faster than either one of us has. 

He sees a lever up top.  Tries it.  No luck. 

So now he has to run up 2 stories of the building to stop the main water line. 

He runs.  I take a picture. 

He gets it shut off.  He inspects.  It didn't even make a mark on the boxes, which meant the pipe for real was just barely knicked. 

We look at the pipe...totally corroded. 


He's a nice boss and tells me that it was so rusted through that he's glad it went now instead of just falling off and water gushing everywhere when no one was there to stop it. 

Thanks, Max. 

*Note, this could have been really bad, because Dave was off site, and Max had JUST gotten back from picking someone up at the airport.  And no one else was there...and I have NO idea where the main water line is.  Well, now I do.

Rest of the day? Driving forklift through puddles.

Getting called Little Mermaid by Max ("Under the Sea...").

They later tell me it's a good thing this happened because they were running short on things to tease me about. 

Well there ya go, guys.  Ammo for life.  Well, or until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment