Thursday, March 22, 2012

An Aladdin moment and an Irish weekend.

I've been having weird headaches lately.  Not for real headaches because I've never gotten one of those.  (Really, I haven't.) I've only gotten squinting headaches after I've been out in the sun for too long without sunglasses.  So that's what I've been having lately.  Squinting headaches.  But I don't remember any recent squinting.

I for sure thought I was dying.  Brain tumor, perhaps. 

Well, while laying in bed trying to fall asleep last night, I had a thought. 
"When was the last time I put new contacts in?"
I'm supposed to change them every 3 months.  Well...it usually becomes 5 or 6.  (Sorry, mom) So this morning I checked my little box and it said I was supposed to change them the beginning of February.  Figures. 

So I put new ones in this morning....and I may or may not have started singing Aladdin's "A Whole New WOOORRLDDD!!"

Life changing. 

So...no more squinting headaches.

So now that you all can rest assured I'm brain tumor free, let me tell you about my weekend. It was probably the best weekend in Colorado, yet. 

Right after work on Saturday I met up with Michele (who I met through Alex) for St. Patty's Day. 

At first I went to the wrong building.  That was embarrassing. 

Texting convo--
Me: "I'm here! Right by the stage!"
5 mins later...
Michele: "I looked everywhere for you, I can't find you!"
Me: "Well, where are YOU??"
Michele: "I'm on the right side when looking at the band"
Me: "I'M on the right side when looking at the band!"
Me again: "Wait...am I at the right place...?"

You win, Downtown Denver.

So eventually I did end up finding her.  And then we left and took this picture. 


This guy was super annoying.  He wouldn't look at the camera unless I kissed him on the cheek.  No way, creepy-man-in-a-lepruchan-wizard-outfit!  Nice try, though.  
So...instead, we got this awesome, really awkward picture!

Then on Sunday, I went with Alex over to Michele's for a Thanksgiving/Easter/St. Patty's Day meal.  It...was amazing.  Mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cupcakes, the whole nine yards.  Michele, you will be a fabulous grandma someday ;)

After that we went over to another one of Alex's friends' houses (She's literally been my social-lifesaver since my move.  I owe her big time). And played cards for a few hours.  Then the people we were with had to get ready to go play in a 10pm rec league soccer game.  So we decided to go watch. 

Well, we get in the car...and they say they could use another girl.  So somehow I am now PLAYING in this game.  I am suddenly a Goodwill store in human form.  I get shorts and tennis shoes from one guy, a sports bra from his girlfriend, and soccer socks and shin guards from another guy.  
Game on.

 Me.  Waiting patiently for my turn to sub in.  
I was a nervous wreck. 

The game was actually pretty intense.  The other girls on the team played soccer in college.  And the guys were really good. So much fun.  Even came out with a win!
Thanks for letting me play, guys!

The next day, Alex and I woke up early and went for an 8 mile run. 

We saw a house on fire.  It was probably 2+ miles away, and we got there the same time as the firetrucks did.  If my apt ever starts on fire in Denver....I'm calling Jimmy Johns. 

So, I ran 8 miles less than 12 hours after playing soccer for the first time in 5+ years.  Maybe coulda planned that one a little better. The next two days I was so unbelievably sore.  I even was neaseus. Felt very similar to how I was after my first half marathon.  Working was brutal.  Oh well, it was worth it. 

I took the next two days off from running.  Then today I decided to run 5 miles on my lunch break.  I found a new route by work..which I was pumped about because our warehouse is near a sorta sketchy area.  We're also jus right down the road from a nice lil marijuana dispensary. 

Dream job, eh?

New route.  Less sketch.

In other news, next week I get to go to Boston for work to help with a Caregiver Kit event. 
You can find out what that means here.  Super excited to help with and experience that!

Have I mentioned I love the organization I work for?

Then two days after we get back from that, I get to FLY TO MINNESOTA!!

I'm maybe a little bit excited about that, too.  

So get ready, friends. 
Roomie....better be ready to get your Punch in Pjs on. 
Bestie....I'm starting that playlist as soon as I publish this post. 
All my other MN people....I better see you all.  Make it happen. 

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love to read your blog posts!!!!!!!!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete