Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Picking up an old hobby...

I first learned how to crochet in Middle School. I made a few potholders and scarves through high school, but thats about it. I had also made a very simple baby blanket for my cousin Jamie who had a baby two summers ago. My freshman year of college I decided to try making my mom a blanket for mother's day. It definitely had its mistakes, but it was made with love and has been placed on our couch ever since. Well, almost three years ago now I started making another blanket. But because the college homework load is always burdensome, I never got around to finishing it. I would just do a little if I had free-time. Well I pulled it out again today since I don't have homework due until next Tuesday...and figured I'd post a picture of my work in progress. I still need to connect the squares and add another row or two, but it's getting closer!

I originally started making it for my roommate Lindsay who asked me to make her one...but since it is made from baby colors I might give it to the next friend who has a baby....but knowing me, it probably won't get done for awhile. Maybe i'll keep my word and just wait until Lindsay has a baby=).

No comments:

Post a Comment