Monday, October 19, 2009

God is Just So Funny Sometimes....

Before college started up this semester, I randomly volunteered online for World Relief helping new immigrants. Well awhile later they called me and asked to set up an appointment to see when I was available. This was when school was about to start. I said I would have to wait and see how my homework load and classes went. They have called me back twice since then and I missed the calls...and never called back because sometimes I'm just too selfish with my time. Well today I came home from Chipotle and was telling my roommate Tricia (who went to Guatemala with me) how much I want to get my Spanish back..and how i need to speak it more often or i'll completely lose it. Half hour later...Call from world relief. Ignore the call. Listen to the voicemail..."Hey Kirsten, just trying to still get ahold of you....We just got a family from Mexico and its a very unique case, and we saw you spent 4 months in Guatemala so we assume you speak some Spanish...Give us a call back if your interested!" God...your so funny sometimes. Needless to say...I finally called them back. The mom is recently separated from her husband and evicted from their home...5 little ones...limited English. Whew! Well...at least I know God's behind on this one! More updates to follow I'm sure =).

No comments:

Post a Comment