Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Last Firsts

So yesterday and today were my last "first" days of classes! Very weird feeling. One part of me still doesn't feel old enough to be finishing my last semester in college, but at the same time I felt like I was hearing the professors explaining the syllabus for the billionth time. I knew exactly what to expect, I wore sweatpants the first day, and everyone around me looked so young. I guess that officially makes me a senior. Mostly the sweatpants part, though--as almost every girl walking on Bethel's campus the last two days has looked all gussied up, ready to impress. It makes me a little sad...watching all the freshmen eagerly making new friends, with the look of exciting anticipation for what the next 4 years will look like. I miss that. However, I love the feeling of knowing where I'm going on campus, recognizing most of the faculty, and many of the students. From elementary school to middle school to high school to college and then through the many layers of the workforce...life involves lots of moving from a small fish in a big pond to a big fish in a little pond then back again!! Well, all I can do is to make the most of my last semester at Bethel University! Wish me luck!

2 comments: