Monday, August 13, 2012

I have something to confess...

I'm curious what you expect to read with that kind of a title.  Sorry to disappoint, but it's not going to be anything gossip-worthy.  I mean...I know not many people read these posts, but there are crazies out there, come on now.

But I do have some things to confess.  Confession is good for the soul.  And these things have really been weighing on me today.  Especially the cookie one....

Confession #1: Pigeon Peril. 

I am an animal lover, really I am.  But....pigeons.
Really?!
They're harmless, yes.  But they have to be the most annoying creatures, ever.

They always say to get to know your neighbors...and I avoid all my male neighbors just...because. But there's a young mom that lives below and across from me and I've made small talk with her a little bit, BUT then one day she told me to be nice to the pigeons.

Be nice to the pigeons?!

All I was doing was shooing them off my bike that I store on my porch, because EVERY time I go for a ride I need to wipe off pigeon poop first.

And I just don't like pigeon poop.

So I stopped shooing them.  Because I was more afraid of her getting mad at me than I was of pigeon poop.  But now the pigeons have started hanging out on my skylight.  All. The. Time.  And they keep pecking at it.  And they won't stop.  Ever.  They went for probably 4 hours the other day.  And if they're not pecking it, they're walking across it anditsjustsoannoyingggg.


They just stand up there.  Pecking.  And taunting me.  I threw a quarter at the window this morning to try to scare them off...and it got stuck on the ledge.

So then I was even more mad.

Because quarters are precious commodities when you live in an apartment where you need quarters to do laundry.

Shoo, pigeons. Seriously.  And take your poop with you.

Confession #2: I've been Slacking.

Most people that know me, know that I love running.   I ran my second half marathon this last May, but since then have probably only ran like 3 or 4 times.  And never more than 3 miles at a time.  No excuses, but it was a combination of Denver's crazy hot weather...and my pure laziness.

But now I'm back in the game.  Well, as of yesterday.

I ran 5 miles last night and saw 7 deer.  I live in Aurora, a first ring suburb of Denver.  Why were there 7 deer hanging out so close to downtown? To tell me, "Good job!" and that it's about time I get my butt back in shape. Obviously.


First deer of the run.  She was nice. 

So today I was still inspired by my deer friends and ran 4 during my lunch break.  No deer this time, though.  But I did almost get run over by a guy on a bike who was fixated on his iphone.  So that was fun. 

Confession #3: Work Woes. 

Today we got in an awesome donation that was palletized not-so-awesomely.  So my job was to re-palletize the boxes.  The boxes were stacked like 8 feet high.  I'm only 5'10. And the boxes weighed between 45-95 lbs.  So needless to say I was struggling.  And complaining.  Mostly in my head...but also in a text to my boyfriend.  

Yes, I smiled for the picture. 

But, I have awesome coworkers who helped me and an amazing boyfriend who reminded me how important this job really is, because although this is hard work....it's part of the process for getting these brand new, donated clothing items to women around the world who really need them.  

Hard to complain when you work for a non-profit organization that is doing amazing things, right? 

Right.  

Confession #4: I'm a Selfish Cookie Eater. 

Last but not least, I must confess that I....in fact....took the last cookie in the breakroom at work today. 

And I'm sorry.  I just finished my run and I was sick of stacking boxes and it was just sitting there and...and....

Well....

I blame the pigeons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment