Monday, October 22, 2012

Green Means Go.

The other night I hit 24 green traffic lights in a row.  Yes, I counted.  And guess what I did when I got to the 25th light and it was red?

Got mad and went "Ughhhhhhh".

It ruined my streak! I could have been a world record holder! How could God possibly allow that one light to turn red when everything had been going SO well!? 

Yep.  It's analogy time.  Because I realized right then, that's exactly how I react when I hit a red light in 'my' life's plans.  

Everything is going just how I like it, I'm planning everything all out....and then a light turns red and I have to hit the breaks.  I get mad and go "ughhhh".  Because I've been spoiled.  And I don't like hearing "no" or "not yet".  

But guess what? The light will eventually turn green again.  You don't want to run through the red light or you'll crash into the other traffic.  Sometimes we just have to be patient and wait our turn.

I've had a bit of a red light lately.  But I'm just now starting to see the other traffic light turning yellow...which means my green is coming shortly :) 

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment