Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Go eat a cookie.

Welp, I bought a new car.
Oh, hi! 2012 Subaru Outback! Welcome to my life. 

Obviously I didn't take this picture, but my car looks exactly like this..I promise. 
All of my pictures are either grainy nighttime pictures from the night I first bought it, or from a day since the snowstorm we got.  Snowstorm=Denver panics and puts down 72 inches of salt and gravel over every inch of every road which makes my white Subaru look...well...horrible.

Anyway...all that to say I'm too cheap to get another car wash cuz hey, I just bought a brand new car! Maybe tomorrow.

So that's my new baby.  I love it.  Gets good gas milage, they're built well, and it looks outdoorsy so I can pretend like I'm a true Coloradian now.  Coloradoian? Coloradoan....?

In other news, I bought Girl Scout Cookies today.  I was going to wait, but they caught me at a weak moment outside the grocery store.  I had just worked out, I hadn't eaten dinner yet, and I was about to buy groceries so food was on my mind.  I'm not even kidding, I had two rows of Samoas eaten before I even got to my shopping cart.  The funny thing was, I was being intentional this time about getting healthy food.  Apples, grapes, grapefruit, brussel sprouts (seriously, kirsten? yes.).  The more healthy food I was putting in my cart...the more Cookies I would eat.  It was like my sick and twisted way of rewarding myself.  Peanut butter (the natural kind, although I'm sure the trade off for less fat is that you get more bug legs in your jar), whole wheat bagels and tortillas.  Cookie.  Ground turkey instead of ground beef, egg whites, for sure a Cookie.  Yogurt, milk....three more Cookies.

And thats Cookies, with a capital C.

On my way out of the grocery store, I was on a bit of a sugar high and basically wanted to save the world.  Hey, it's for a good cause, right?  Two more boxes, please!

Every picture of inanimate objects is better with a Quincy in it. 


So, speaking of cookies.  I'm training for my second Half Marathon! Wheeee!
Here's my training schedule.  I kinda mixed two plans (beginner and intermediate) and tweaked it to my schedule...and this is what I came up with. Oh, also...I made it colorful.  Because that just makes it better. 


Well, I guess that's all for now.
Until next time, support your local Girl Scout troops! Eat cookies! Then eat healthy food! Buy a hedgehog! Get to the gym! Tell me you like my new car (just kidding...but seriously)!

Have a Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. yep, love that new car!! And glad you do too!!! Those Girl Scout cookies are hard to resist! Better save a few for after your Marathon! Does Quincy like them? - Mommio

    ReplyDelete