Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Next Chapter...

This September we found out that the Gifts-in-Kind part of World Vision-Twin Cities was going to be shutting down as part of a large organizational restructure. What does that mean for me? It means that as of December 02, 2011 I will be laid off. It was a shock to all of us...and although I was surprised, for some reason deep down my heart already knew. God had been nudging me to head towards a new chapter in my life for a couple months beforehand and I wasn't listening. Now I had to listen.

My poor roommate and close friends have had to listen to me constantly talking about what new jobs I've applied for, me changing my mind about what I want to do next..if i should relocate and where (and trust me this changes alot). They have all been so supportive through all this and I've really seen how blessed I am to have the friends and family that I do!

Since September I've thought a lot, changed my mind a lot, and prayed a lot. God has really laid it on my heart and led me in a certain direction that I really have peace about (which is a blog post in and of itself!). So as of now, I'll be moving to Colorado--probably the Denver area--in January. I've sent out a handful of applications to jobs I'm really interested in out there, but as of now I don't yet have a job. I am starting to set up appointments to look at apartments with my mom the first week in December, which makes it all seem even more real. It will be a complete leap of faith moving to a new state with no job, but God hasn't failed me yet..and I know He wouldn't lead me out there to leave me high and dry.

It will be so hard to leave my friends here in Minneapolis. I have so many awesome memories here and I do not take any of it for granted! I am beyond blessed. But I need to follow my heart...which God has sewn a little adventure into...and I am excited to see where this journey takes me!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and your upcoming adventures! Also, I can hardly wait to see how God is working in your life and what he has in store for you. So, keep posting! And, congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete