Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beans the Stud

Since Nathan went to North Carolina...I get to take care of his pet leopard gecko--Beiner. I call him Beans. Well, leopard geckos experience relocation stress and since we moved him to Fargo first for a week, then to Thief, he went through the stress twice, so he hasn't eaten in over two weeks and has been very lethargic-like. However, tonight was a turning point. He still hasn't eaten but he's crawling all over and is just hilarius to watch. He'll lunge towards the glass when he sees me get up-close, because I have been holding him alot more--which he loves. When he crawled on the top of his little wooden house, basking in his light, I just had to take some pictures. Isn't he beautiful?!

I just love his markings--he is one of the most patterned adults I've seen. Most of them seem to be mostly yellow, with spots mainly on the tail.



In this picture you can see some of the Calcium powder I put on his nose! Since he isn't eating anything I put some of it on his nose which made him
lick it off so he at least got some nutrients.
He didn't like that very much.



Yeah, he's a stud. Its only been a week...but we've bonded. It's gunna be hard giving him back in 8 months!

2 comments:

  1. sweet beans! -pun intended

    I'm not a huge fan of these sort of creatures, but he seems kinda cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans is so awesome! I like his fat tail and little hands.

    ReplyDelete