Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Seattle Secrets.

I'm now in my 12th month of living in the Seattle area. Can I tell you a secret? 

It doesn't rain as much as you think. Well, maybe it does...but it's really not so bad. 

Maybe I've just had a lucky 12 months, but overall I found myself doing the Instagram "look how beautiful it is here!" thing way more often than the Twitter "sarcastic comment about the rain or why I miss Minnesota" thing. 

I've lived here almost as long as I lived in Denver. Weird. 

Like, really weird. 

Denver was sort of a hard year for me, but looking back I can see how much I grew in my independence and confidence. A shedding of some old lifestyle habits, and the development of some new, good ones. It was a stepping stone to my life here in Washington. 

Side note: somewhere along the way I've lost about 80% of my Minnesotan accent. Which makes me sort of devastated. I blame the pitiful lack of cheese curds here. 

Uffda. 

Back on track: I've been pleasantly surprised by the Pacific Northwest. It has beautiful views of the Puget Sound. It has it's quirky, fun, hipsterish Seattle neighborhoods. It has mountains to climb. It has some of the nicest, most generous people ever. It has rainforest-like plants and flowers. AND. It has the Seahawks (sorry, dad). 

So come visit me (ahem, Laura, Tricia, Dani, & Traci--since you've all mentioned it) and I'll make you do this: 





 
And show you this: 





Oh, and of course, this: 


I kind of think people keep the beauty of Seattle a secret and instead fill everyone's heads with visions of neverending torrential downpour to keep everyone in the world from moving here. Okay maybe not. And if so, I'll probably be soon kicked out for sharing the secret. 

But really. It's great. Come visit. 

Special shoutout to Emily (who loved it so much, she moved here!), Nicoley, Alexandra, my parents, Alex, Michele, Kyley, and Carolin for visiting me and letting me show/drag you around! 

And extra special shoutout to Nicoley for coming AGAIN soon with Holly this time! 
Quincy is already planning our adventures :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment