Thursday, October 10, 2013

For the Love of...

Fall. 
The time of year when all you hear everyone say is how much they LOVE Fall. 

Yes, we know you love to wear your sweaters and leggings and boots. To watch football. To see the trees changing. To carve the pumpkins. To eat or drink EVERYthing that is pumpkin flavored...especially those Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks. 

Sometimes I think everyone loves Fall mostly because they love to love Fall and even more so, they love to TELL everyone how much they love to love Fall. 

Whew. 

Okay, so I'll admit.  The main reason I get annoyed when every. single. person (well, mostly the females) on my social media feeds are proclaiming their undying love for Fall....is that...well....

 I LOVE FALL.

I'm a September baby. I was born in the Fall. Doesn't that give me some sort of "dibs" on loving it more than others? 

Apparently not. 

So I guess I'll let everyone love Fall as much as I do. Because that's what Jesus would do, right? 

All I know is that Jesus MUST feel the same way around Christmas time. When all of the--"OMG!! Christmas music is playing in my office:at the grocery store:at my dentist:on the radio:in the airport!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!"--people start to take over instead. I mean, Jesus for sure has dibs on loving Christmas the most, right? But He just lets us enjoy it with Him and he doesn't get mad or jealous...and I can almost guarantee you He doesn't post a blog ranting about it. 

But that's when I realize how far I need to come to be more like Jesus. 

I could use some prayers. 

Ps. Someone bring me a Pumpkin Spice Latte and I'll love you forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment