Monday, June 28, 2010

[Healthy] Obsession


I have a new obsession: Biking. Since discovering that there is a nature bike trail right next to my apartment that goes directly to Lake Calhoun..I have become addicted. It is 6 miles to the Lake and 3 miles around it, so a regular journey ends up being about 15 miles. However, lately that is not enough, and I have begun riding around the Lake multiple times (GREAT people watching at Lake Calhoun!!) or else continuing on the trail past my apartment down the other way, which adds on an unknown amount of miles as well. This is one blessing of not having cable/internet; It forces me to get outside, and enjoy two things I love: Nature and being active. When I can combine the two..I'm a very happy girl. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I can bike that many miles and not feel like death. I also feel more connected to who I am--and who God is--when I am immersed in nature. So here's my challenge: Take out your bike and go on a mini adventure--go wherever the trail leads you! You might just find a new fun activity to enjoy....and in the very least, its a fun way to exercise....and even gets you off Facebook for awhile!

1 comment: