Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stepping Out of the Boat...

I was listening to podcast sermons while working yesterday...and one in particular really hit me. The pastor was talking about in order to stretch our faith, we need to try things we can't do. Why would I try something I know I can't do? Because if I don't, growth won't happen.

He also talked about Peter walking on water...how he had the faith to first step out of the boat. I listen to others who have heard the call, taken the plunge into faith and did something crazy (in our eyes) for the Lord--and its amazing. When is it my turn to take that plunge? When do I get the opportunity to walk on water? Well...first I have to step out of the boat...

"Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail."
- Elliott Smith

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I've loved reading your entries.......you are wise beyond your years. :)

    Even as old as I am, I, too, wonder when I will get to "step out of the boat" again???
    (Adopting from Guatemala was a huge leap of faith, and it has been a blessing beyond words!)

    Anyway, I'm inspired by you.......

    Have a great weekend!

    :-) Denise

    ReplyDelete